Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Feelin' Groovy??

Has cold and flu season arrived early?

Quite a few friends and even my mum have a cold at the moment – and it’s a doozy! The feeling-like-a-cement-truck-ran-over-you AND then backed up for another go type cold.

If the dreaded lurgy has you in its grip I wish you a speedy recovery. Remember that you deserve a rest to get over it.

Do you have any home remedies for fixing a cold? I don’t, but many people swear by vitamin C or lemon and honey drinks. Some say the answer is garlic…maybe if you’re a loaf of bread that would be okay! I go for Panadol and vicks vapour rub. (If you’re a scrapbooker this would make a great page about family traditions).

Did you see the chocolate frog diet?? I don’t know what it’s all about but I think many women would be interested just because the word chocolate appears in it! I can’t eat chocolate myself (migraines) but I still miss it even after 20 years.

I’ve decided to do a layout about foods I can’t eat because of allergy or intolerance and my girlfriend suggested a big pile of those I can’t eat and the little pile of those I can. The visual is excellent!

Lately I found out gluten, cane sugar, cashews, tomato and dairy are out. That’s lots of stuff! Lettuce, cabbage, wine, coffee, ginger, shellfish, capsicum, chillies and hot spices are already a no no.

I never knew you could get grain free bread made of potato and chickpea flour…. Loving to bake I will be working on some recipes and looking for good ones too.

Happy cooking,
Jane

No comments: