Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Girlfriends, Laughs & Mushrooms



Well, it's about time I updated this!




Like everyone else time seems to expand on the boring cleaning jobs & contract on the good stuff!




Thanks for the positive feedback on the Create for a Cause event! Yes, it will be fantastic. Special thanks to Yvonne who says she's coming for the food. Yes, Gorgeous Gobbles will be catering so you know it's gonna taste great!




Since we last chatted friends & I went to see Adam Hills at the Powerhouse Theatre. It's fantastic when you laugh so much you get tears in your eyes. I always enjoy Spicks and Specks (ABC TV Wednesday night) and his sense of humour is uplifting and very funny.




It was so noisy with a live band that I knew I was getting old. I didn't feel so bad when a 28 year old friend thought they were loud too! What's the go with the parking thing though?? Rant, rant, rave, rave. There's not enough parking to go round. Not like you can take a taxi from Caboolture to New Farm! My girlfriend Sharon had to park a suburb away and power walk!




The excitement of the week however is that I found out this week that I am NOT allergic or intollerant to bacon, roma tomatoes and mushrooms. Oh, the joy! I did a happy dance and arm waving like a demented monkey. Yum!




There is a mushroom looking toadstool growing in the front lawn in a curious shape of bottom cheeks. I MUST get a photo. That's the scrapper in me and my sense of the ridiculous. Sharon, Lindy & I all contemplated it yesterday arvo after a cuppa and a gluten free, dairy free, cane sugar free hummingbird cake muffin. Yes, I've been playing with baking. Pretty nice but not as good as the apple coconut ones I made last week.




Yesterday's class at Stamp Art Studio, Apsley was great fun and my sister Bin (Belinda) had her day off and came for the class so that made it even more special. It's been ages since she got creative time! Thanks to Margaret, Melissa & Wendy too. Hope you are playing with your flowers girls.




Special thanks to Rosemary who owns Stamp Art Studio and is supporting the Create for a Cause crop with lovely donations! More on this later, but it's a fantastic prize...




Remember to book into the crop soon as places are limited!




Cheers!


Jane




No comments: