Saturday, March 28, 2009

Power of inspiration

What inspires your creativity?

Where do you start?

Some people start with the photo or card design. Some it's pattern paper or even an accent. I love talking about this with my creative friends because we are ALL different. And that's something I LOVE. Man, it would be sooooooooooooo boring if we were all the same!

Where do I start? Anywhere. Everywhere.

This week the Spotlight catalogue had some lovely material on sale, all mix and match stuff and we were wishing it was paper so we could scrap with it. Quite often I get charged from the Pillow Talk catalogue and how they use colour. Check it out next time it arrives with the junk mail.

Often I see a shape, it can be a building, a magazine ad, and it gets the brain box ticking. Sketches for layouts come to me in creative bursts and I have to draw and scribble for all I'm worth. I dip into these as needed and they're one of my best resources.

Pattern papers do inspire me. I love colour and pattern. I'm loving the Making Memories papers at the moment and 3 of the 5 layouts for next weekend's classes all come from the current range.

A photo I absolutely adore sets off the creative vive too. I'll drop every other project on the go to scrap a photo I just HAVE to work on. I've been known to photograph something and scrap it straight away.

I guess the best way is to just go for what works for you. That makes sense because who else would know best what's right for you, but YOU?? I include a pic here of a layout everyone was enjoying in class this week. It's an older page titled Aims of Life with Basic Grey papers and Delish rub ons. The aims are: think deeply, be kind, give freely, love and laugh.

May inspiration find you wherever you may be!

Happy creating,
Jane


No comments: