Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Life, the universe and everything

Well, we were shuffling along okay, then Sunday my sister bent her big toe at such a bad angle while falling in a freak accident...
Um, the bone popped out of her foot and split the skin. Apparently you could see the bone sticking out through the split skin. Shudder. Yes, it's extremely painful and so, no work, ongoing hospital visits, etc while doctors work out what to do with it. She's back to the hospital AGAIN today.
This is where having family or friends come in really handy because she can't lift the baby (all 12kg of her) or anything with those crutches and being basically unable to walk. Her hubby has taken time off work too, but this isn't going to be quick.
Events like this reinforce my belief in the power of caring for others -whether they are blood family or the one you have created for yourself from friends. Having someone you can talk to or that can give you a hand when needed is an essential need.
So do I have a point? Sorta...
If I look for the little things that make me happy, having friends and family that care about me and that I care for right back, is right at the top of my list. Thank you loved ones. You make my life rich.
I won't be taking photos of Bin's toe. I'm too much of a wimp. Won't scrap it. I will and DO scrap layouts about those I care for and I include WHAT or WHY I like/love about them. Have you tried it??? They will appreciate it.
On a different note I didn't win the lotto. Lindy, Sharon & I always get a lotto together for the big ones...ah well, maybe one day.
Appreciating the little things,
Jane

No comments: