Saturday, April 18, 2009

Housesitting, er cat/dog sitting?

Well, I babysit a lot, but this week I've been house sitting for friends. Quite frankly the house takes care of itself. The 2 dogs and the cat are another story.

We animal lovers can't tootle off without getting someone to stay & look after the pets or popping them in a kennel...as much as we love them they cannot open tins/bags of food no matter how clever we think them.

We've got a routine going now and I've become OJ the daschound's new friend, he follows me everywhere and I mean everywhere! Luckily I'm used to that because our silky terrier dog Maggie likes to go with you to the loo and the bathroom too. It surprises visitors sometimes as you might imagine.

Maggie has got so good she can open the door with her nose, a trick our other dog Annie can do with heavy sliding doors. Comes as quite a shock in the en suite bathroom! But I digress...

The best or most exciting part so far has been Caedy the cat bringing me a pressie Thursday night. Yes, the thought was there, and I do appreciate that, but I don't have too many uses for a field mouse at 8pm - or any other time to be completely honest.

Obviously no grudges were held because last night she climbed up onto my lap, circled her body and calmly went to the land of nod. My cat Elliott does just the same. Ahh, it was so sweet and much nicer than the mouse incident.

My housesitting finishes tomorrow but I feel I've made some great new 4- legged friends.

Have a great day,
Jane

No comments: