Thursday, April 23, 2009

Teaching and teachers

I’m off to teach a scrapbooking class at Stamp Art Studio tomorrow and I’m really looking forward to it!

The class is called Triple Play and I’m sharing one of my favourite all time designs that can be adapted into hundreds of pages. I should know...it’s been very useful over the last 6 or so years.

Why “triple”? If anyone is in the mood they can get 3 pages completed in the 2 hour class, but I have provided sketches and/or samples for 12. That ought keep everyone busy. Did I say I believe in value for money??

Then again, it’s not about how many you get done. It doesn’t matter if you get ½ a page done as long as you enjoy yourself.

Afterall, you can take the handout home and use it to make 6 or more layouts. Class time is for social reasons too and the interaction with someone to help guide and inspire – not just me, but all the scrappers. We can learn from each other.

It’s time you have to yourself – me time – be creative, chat, relax and express yourself through paper, photos and words. What more could you want? (Besides the big lotto win!)

Remember that all teachers are different, as all people are different. I bet you didn’t love every teacher in high school? I sure didn’t!

So if you didn’t like your last class, try someone else. It could be fun and inspirational. The layout above is of my 4 scrapbooking essentials. What's yours??

Getting inspired,
Jane

No comments: