Thursday, May 14, 2009

The Frog & Arty

Last night we caught the frog!

He was back, but not behind the shampoo in the shower cubicle. No. He was in the hallway in front of the linen press.

What possible reason could that frog have? Not being an amphibian aficionado I can’t say. Having rejected the leafy courtyard for a home, we have placed him in the front garden near the door. Here’s hoping...

Part 2 of this chat revolves around the sheer brilliance of my niece Amelie. No, of course I’m NOT biased. Perish the thought!

She has finally chosen a name for me. We say Aunty Jane, she says “ARTY”.
How’s that for accurate in the literal sense? I’m very excited. It’s going to be a page.

My Dad is playing with her as I write. I think they are being pirates because there's lots of "Arr!" noises mixed with bits of singing. I've read her a small library of books and sung half of the nursery rhymes known to mankind. (I like a little exaggeration!)

Frog free again,
Jane

No comments: